A hot air balloon ride over Waikato NZ is a most tranquil and sublime experience! Breathe in the still, crisp early morning air as your hot air balloon gently rises above sleepy Hamilton and then drifts out to the green pastures of the Waikato. Soak up the beautiful scenery from your peak altitude!
- 1 hour hot air balloon ride over Waikato NZ
- Light refreshments and bubbly
You will meet the hot air ballooning team just before sunrise and with everybody's help the balloon is prepared and ready to lift off within 30 minutes. You will rise above Hamilton and float across the Waikato. On a clear day you can see the distant snow-capped mountains of Tongariro National Park. The scenery and stillness of it all will take your breath away.
The hot air balloon flies as fast as the wind blows, therefore it is comfortably calm in the basket. After about an hour of tranquility, you float back to earth. Bubbly and light refreshments will then be served, to conclude your amazing hot air balloon flight.
This day will be remembered for a lifetime.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS EXPERIENCE OPERATES FROM SEPTEMBER - JUNE ONLY.
This experience voucher is valid for 12 months from date of purchase.
This experience is located in Hamilton, Waikato.
- Please allow 4 hours for the whole experience, including preparation time, approximately one hour flight time and post refreshments.
- The hot air ballooning flights operate daily from September till June, depending on passenger numbers and weather.
- For this experience you must be at least eight years old
- Parental guidance is necessary for children under 12 years
- Not suitable for anyone who is more than 14 weeks pregnant
- The price quoted is for one person
- The balloon can carry up to ten passengers at one time
Spectators are welcome.
- Hot air ballooning flights are weather dependent
- If weather is unsuitable you will be resceduled by the provider
The modern equipment is under regular Civil Aviation Authority operational inspection.
- This experience may be suitable for people with a hearing or vision impairment
- For safety reasons, you must be independently mobile in the case of an emergency
Once this experience has been confirmed, changes are at the discretion of the experience provider and arranged directly with them according to this policy:
- Over 2 weeks prior to the experience date: No charge
- Within 48 hours of the experience date, No Shows and Late Arrivals: Participants forfeit their experience and therefore are not entitled to a refund or to re-book. Participants are advised to make their own insurance provisions in case of unforeseen circumstances
The map below gives you the location of this experience to allow you to plan.
Exact location, directions and meeting place will be available to you once you have booked your experience