- Two night getaway in Mapua
- Your choice of cycle trails to explore
- Guaranteed incredible views of the region
Take the hassle out of planning your Tasman getaway and enjoy this two night break with B&B accommodation and bicycle hire to explore the area. With three great bike tours to choose from, this is the perfect way to take in the very best of what Mapua has to offer.
- Two nights B&B accommodation
- Transfers to and from Nelson City/Airport
- All cycle equipment including bike, helmet, repair kit, carrier bag, odometer and trail documentation
- Bottled water
- Mapua Ferry crossings
- Dinner voucher ($50 per person)
Day One: The experience provider will greet you on arrival and transport you to your B&B accommodation in Mapua. A dinner voucher is supplied, choose to dine at the Apple Shed or Jellyfish Restaurants; they are both amazing!
Day Two: After breakfast, take a short walk to the bike shop on the Mapua Wharf to collect your bikes. Here you will be fitted you to your bikes and supplied with all the equipment, maps and information required to have a great day. Choose from one of the following rides:
- Rabbit Island and Mapua: From the Mapua Wharf, the Mapua Ferry whisks you over to Rabbit Island where the peace and quiet will give you time to clear your head. Spend as long as you want exploring the white sandy beaches and trails around the island or carry on cycling towards Richmond crossing farmland, a swing bridge and amazing boardwalks over the estuary. It pays not to forget to visit an award winning winery or brewery for lunch along the route.
- Mapua to Kaiteriteri: The coastal part of the trail from Mapua to Kaiteriteri is a fantastic day out, you can choose how far you ride and the things you experience. A short 10km ride up to Tasman for lunch at the award winning cafe of the year ‘The Jester House’, where you can also feed tame Eels, is a morning well spent. Or maybe you’d rather sample some of the many top cafe’s on the 41km ride to Kaiteriteri, the prize is fantastic when you set eyes on the golden sands of the coast! This section of trail generally ranges from grade 1 to 3, it is recommend you have a reasonable level of fitness for this section.
- Moutere Hills Winery Tour: With the rolling, picturesque countryside and stunning views of the Mount Arthur Range, this amazing day lets you experience four characteristic vineyards and some of the region’s (and the world’s) finest wines and artisans. The Moutere is also well known for its arts and crafts, riding past vineyards, hops and blueberry farms you can learn about the local history, and will also have time to stop and view the galleries at your leisure. A must stop, of course, is the oldest pub in New Zealand - ‘The Moutere Inn’. This is an amazing day out where you experience a magical part of New Zealand – you’ll remember it forever.
Day Three: Another fun day ahead on one of the above trails before being transferred back to the airport or Nelson city.
- This experience is for three days/two nights