Kite fishing is one of the most fun and effective ways to catch big fish! You let the kite take your baited hook straight to the fish, way beyond the breaking waves. Join us for a Kite Fishing Adventure at a beautiful beach location outside of Auckland. Take home both fish and great memories!
* Learn more about the fish that can be caught in our beautiful Auckland region
* Learn about which type of bait is good for which types of fish and why certain baits and fishing methods are unsuitable or suitable for kite fishing
* Have a seat in our luxury 4WD
* We take you through some spectacular scenery to a great beach, where you can relax and enjoy yourself
* We will stop at particularly scenic places so that you can take some photos
* Have a short beach walk of up to 30 minutes to get to the fishing spot, depending on the day’s wind and tide conditions
* Unpack and prepare the gear and get it up to 2km out to sea
* Use the kite to silently pull the hooks further out than you could ever go by casting with a fishing rod
* Retrieve the line and the kite and watch out for fish splashing in the water as the kite comes closer
* Snapper, Kingfish, Gurnard, Kahawai, Trevally, John Dory and even Sharks can be caught this way
* Any fish that are within legal limits can be kept
* If you don’t know how to fillet or prepare your fish, we can show you how it’s done!
* We can collect/drop you from your Auckland city accommodation or arrange a meeting place prior to your trip
* Hot/cold drinks are provided
* You will also get the opportunity to have a swim if you choose to.
This Supplier won the 2010 Indigenous Tourism and Biodiversity Website Award.
This experience voucher is valid for 12 months from date of purchase.
Pick-up from Auckland.
Available every day of the year except Christmas Day! We tend to be busiest during the summer months so you should book as far in advance as possible. We leave Auckland at 10am and return at 6pm. You will spend between four and six hours at the beach and fishing.
You need to be able to walk for up to 30 minutes in order to reach the fishing spot. Children will need a paying and supervising adult with them at all times. The minimum age is 14.
The price quoted is for one person. We operate with a minimum of two and a maximum of six participants per kite fishing trip. If minimum numbers are not met we may need to reschedule your experience for a later date.
This trip may be cancelled in the event of strong winds and swell. In this case, the supplier will reschedule your experience (refunds will not be given). Make sure the mobile number provided is contactable the night prior to departure as the supplier will contact you if the trip has been cancelled.
You will be accompanied by our qualified guides. They have first-aid, Bushcraft and GPS certificates, as well as additional qualifications for the outdoors. All fishing gear will be provided.
This experience may be suitable for people with a hearing impairment. Please contact us to confirm your suitability.