Something different for a Saturday morning: espresso, biscotti and a selection of cheeses, salami and matching wines. All authentic Italian like your guide: Raffaela. In the warm atmosphere of her Italian home, she will take you on a journey to discover and sample the authentic Italian ingredients.
Ever wanted to travel to Italy and discover the true taste of Italian cuisine? Now you don't have to!
The class will take the following format:
* Colazione Italiana with coffee or cappuccino and biscotti - Let’s sit around the table and enjoy a coffee or a cappuccino with home baked biscotti while Raffaela will introduce you to the magic of the Colazione Italiana.
* Discover the Italian Ingredients – history, curiosity and lots of tastings - You will learn how to make 'mascarpone cheese' or 'Bresaola beef proscutto' or pancetta at home.
Then you can help Raffaela prepare the dessert for the day (Tiramisu or Zuppa Inglese for example) or sit back and watch her doing it.
Then you will virtually travel!
* First to Emilia Romagna Region to become a discerning connoseur of Parmigiano Reggiano and Parma Ham,
* Then in the heart of Italy - Napoli – to appreciate the authentic mozzarella,
* And finally - with a jump across the sea - to Sardinia for a taste of its special pecorino.
All of that with matching wines selected by our Italian wine expert Nadia Ganassin.
PLEASE NOTE: Product tasting changes according to the season and availability - most of the products are imported from Italy – hence the variation.
This experience voucher is valid for 12 months from date of purchase.
North Shore, Auckland.
Standard duration 2 hours. Available on Saturday mornings only.
Suitable for anyone with a love of Italian cuisine!
This tour takes place with a minimum of 4 people and a maximum of 10 people.
Not suitable for spectators.
The map below gives you the location of this experience to allow you to plan.
Exact location, directions and meeting place will be available to you once you have booked your experience